Wolfram Alpha is a very powerful tool. It mainly differs from Google in the fact that the search engine doesn't try to find webpages. It instead tries to compute answers to certain queries. When you search a term or phrase on Wolfram Alpha, you are not redirected to a bunch of search results containing to links of various pages. Instead, Wolfram computes your query and provides an answer.
For example, I searched "4,000,000 Euros USD" and wolfram was able to convert the currency into US dollars. Pretty neat. There is so much capability with the tool. It will calculate math formulas, stock prices, give detailed company information etc. etc. From my findings, the tool's capability seemed pretty vast.
I really like how query results are displayed on the wolfram alpha site. The tool seems really useful when looking for a specific answer rather than having to search for it like on Google. Because the results are displayed in the native window, navigating Wolfram is really simple.
Overall, I think the tool is great and will use it often

No comments:
Post a Comment